- A very rare instance of a Welsh word finding its way into English: penguin. originally, of course, pen-gwyn - white head. Except penguins have black heads.
- A committee is sitting in the Vatican considering what to do if and when extra-terrestial intelligence makes itself known to us. Of course, there is but the one God for the entire unverse, but it's not clear whether JC is Saviour of the human race, or all intelligent races. Either way, there will be a need for some sort of evangelism, post discovery. Tricky.
Inter alia, we saw
- Evidence that Offa got the boundary between Wales and Lloegr in the right place.
- Views to left and right. Or right and left if you're going the other way.
- Many fungi. One of our number said he knew which were which, and he is still alive.
- The Montgomery Canal.
- Evidence that Oswestry was once railway central.
Culminating with a pretty VR wall box as we relocated our transport.
We are now more than 2/3 of the way up - here we come, Prestatyn.
Post a Comment